Monday, September 12, 2011

Gay Marriage

I think the debate on gay marriage is over whether it is right or wrong or whether or not it should be legal. In my opinion gay marriage should be completely legal. It is not a religious issue. This country was founded on religious so we can not bring our religious beliefs and customs into law. That is like telling everyone else our religion is right so you have to follow what we say. I don't think that is morally right to do. If you don't believe in something do not do it but don't force others to follow your ways. Also personally I think why do I care if two gay people get married. If they are going to live together and be gay either way why do I care if they get the tax benefits and call themselves married. Personally I could care less if they want to get married, but I do not think there is any room for religious customs to get involved in the debate.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you! I do not understand how there is nothing wrong with prostitutes in Las Vegas, sex tapes, and strippers but when the word GAY pops up the government wants to pull the Bible out. I feel that if they are going to be religious then everything should be based on the Bible. Therefore, gay marriage should be legal because it states in the Bible that we should love our neighbor as ourselves. And in Gods eyes we are all the same so it should be that way here on Earth. AWESOME POST>>>LOVE IT LOVE IT L O V E I T :]

    ReplyDelete